Sunday 29 November 2015

VISUAL DESIGN - ANTHROPOMORPHIC FROG WEEK_10_

 ANTHROPOMORPHIC FROG

This week in the visual design class, were given the task of creating an Anthropomorphic frog creature in and style, and and theme. For my frog creature I chose to do it in a fun comic style, of cel shading. using simple color and shadow techniques. 

The first step was finding a selection of frogs (tree frogs + the occasional jabba the Hutt),and creating a mood board to help with look of the creature, texture of skin and colour.  



I initially came up with this type of frog wearing a shirt, however I found the design quite boring and plain.

I then took a closer look at my reference page, and found the exotic tree frog, looked stoned. So I did a design for a stoner frog. Again I found I didn't enjoy this one so didn't use it as a final sketch to move on from.



After that, I quickly sketched out a kung fu from and I thought that this would be good to develop.

























The design I then finally went for was the one I started off with in class. Originally, again wanting this to be more comical like the stoner frog idea, however I found the shape I had created, evolved into a kung fu , zen master frog, which I really like the outcome of and enjoyed doing the task. This also meets the brief, as I wanted to do something more fun and that could appeal to a wide audience. The cel shaping approach also made the comic/cartoon feel come across well, and is a technique I will use in the future and develop. 



No comments:

Post a Comment