Saturday 16 April 2016

3D DESIGN - STATUE UV UNWRAP AND TEXTURE

3D DESIGN - STATUE UV UNWRAP AND TEXTURE 
After completing the statue, I then began the UV unwrapping process. This was again fairly challenging, as I didn't want to make unnecessary seem lines. I used the planar unwrapping method, an found this easier than stitching each individual piece together with one another.  

The most difficult section of the body to unwrap was the body, because it took many attempts to correctly unwrap and smooth the UV without it messing up. However once I completed this, it turned out great. 
The image on the left is a snapshot of the UV. I then took it into Photoshop, and then began to texture. The image top right is a plane flat grey colour used for the base. Below left is the texture layer applied. I used a worn and weathered scifi steel. This was in keeping with the battle arena textures and theme. The bottom right, is the ambient occlusion layer, highlighting the shadow areas. 
I am happy with how this eventually turned out, as the texture is a good one which does fit well with arena itself. However, I would have liked to customize the texture a little, more adding dirt and other elements of wear. But other than that I think this turned out quite good, and I really enjoyed the process of texturing, more than unwrapping, but I have learnt more about unwrapping now, which is also very helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment