Sunday 22 November 2015

VISUAL DESIGN - ENVIRONMENT WEEK_08_

ENVIRONMENT PERSPECTIVE

This weeks visual design lesson was on two point perspective. I had to learn the basics of the two point, one some existing images. Once this was done we were given an initial image to make the boundaries and the perspectives lines, so this would for the basis for our own two point perspective room.




To begin with, I gathered a selection of different  sci -fi environments that I really liked the setting, theme, mood and overall aesthetic of. I wanted to create a sci - fi room that was simple and not too compact with things, and was easy to follow. The images above, were a selection of environments that didn't have too much going on in them and they didn't feel too overcrowded. This is what I was aiming for.

This was the first rough design that I did as a plan  of what goes where and how the room may look. I wanted to have a door way and a window looking out onto a landscape. As the for the objects in the room, I kept it simple including a desk, chair and sand. This would then be refined into the final version  




The final design I found quite challenging to get the perspective right. I opted for a more basic and simple room, with some features. I wanted to create a room that was scifi but not too obviously scifi. I added the viewing window as if you were looking out onto the landscape. This added to the piece making more alive. I then put small strokes over the floor and walls to show a sense of the room being worn and lived in, this also made for a interesting retro scifi feel. Overall I am happy with the final out come and what I accomplished, although If I was to do this again I would really plan what was going where and get the perspective correct. 








No comments:

Post a Comment