Sunday 22 November 2015

VISUAL DESIGN - TANK WEEK_09_

VALUES, AND TANK PERSPECTIVE PIECE 

This week for the visual design class we had to do create a 2 point perspective piece of a futuristic tank/armored vehicle. As always I started off by getting a selection of images to help with the sketching and design process. In the lesson we also went through basic coloring of simple object and, this technique I have used in my final piece. 



Here are my initial rough quick sketches, of tanks, exploring the different types of vehicle, such as a hover tank or a four legged one.



The first design I found to be too chunky and very boring, in my opinion, and I dding really want to go further with the design. I wrote that it needed a more refined front section and i needed to decided weather or not it was going to be a hover tank or a land one. However I dis mention I liked the double barrel cannon. 

The second one I preferred a lot more, this being the favorite of my rough designs. I liked the structure of this one as it was simple yet futuristic. However i did say it needed a front cannon and some more weapons or a few added parts of detail.


The third design I liked, although this was more leaning toward a mech design than a tank. So I decided not to use this because I felt as if It didn't fit the brief, and because I didn't really want to peruse this one further. 

For the fourth design I aimed a t creating a hover tank, however It didn't really work and I found again I didn't like the sketch. 



Final design I overall like but felt this would be for to detailed when adding in the values, but the four wheel design made this one feel unique.



For my final piece I took samples from the first four of my rough sketches and combined them into one tank.The overall outcome I am happy with as it answers the two point perspective brief with values of grey scale color.I didn't want to add color because I felt the grey scale was fine and made it look somewhat more futuristic than if it had color. 

If I was doing this again I would refine the shadow on the floor and make it properly match the shape, also I would refine some edges to make the overall shape more crisp and less jagged. 




No comments:

Post a Comment