Sunday 28 February 2016

GAMEPLAY AND INTERACTIVITY - 2D GAME - PIXEL ART AND ANIMATIONS


GAMEPLAY AND INTERACTIVITY - 2D GAME - PIXEL ART / ANIMATIONS
After our concept art we refined ideas, and decided pixel art would be best and the most efficient way of working. This process was enjoyable and was a great art asset to complete and lean how to do.

This is the pixel form of the jock enemy from the concept art. I created an idle pose for him for the game, and was able to keep characteristics of the concept art in the pixel art.

 

 I then created a walking animation for him. This was quite tedious and hard to get the right body movement of walking. However the results turned out good and the walking runs smoothly.


After that, a Variant version of the jock was created to so that this variation could be used in another level. Aging this was taken from the concepts of the color variations. This can be used in a background which contrasts, so the green doesn't get confused with a green background fro example.
Falling animation for the main character, this was particular hard to judge and get right as I had to add some frames and adjust aspects of each frame so that it could look natural as a falling animation instead of a dance or strange jump.


This is another variation created for another background. This was an idle animation for this character.


A unfinished death animation I created, Unfortunately I didn't get to finish this, for this enemy variation. I would have like to finish this and put it into one of the other level backgrounds.


I found the pixel art sprite creating very enjoyable, however tedious. It was great to use a different art style and play around with details and colours for the sprites. I would have like to complete walking, death and attack animations for all theses sprites, however I didn't get to round to doing that. I hope to use this art style again one day on another project.








No comments:

Post a Comment